Research and Development Mechanical Engineer
Inventherm is an applied research and product development company located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We develop physical products for a range of client types in a number of different industries. Inventherm performs in-house analysis, design, fabrication and testing.
Typical job duties include:
- Designing and 3-D modeling of system or product parts and assemblies.
- Generating 2-D engineering drawings and overseeing the fabrication of system components.
- Fabricating prototypes using CNC and manual machining, and 3-D printing.
- Design and setup of experimental systems.
- Laboratory testing and data analysis.
- Engineering analysis.
- Electro-mechanical systems and control.
- Sourcing components and working with vendors.
Position type: Fulltime
Start date: Immediate
Ideal candidate qualifications:
- Bachelor, master’s or doctoral degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Permanent US work authorization required.
- Experience with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred), FEA, and CFD is desirable.
- Experience with laboratory testing of machines and equipment, including thermal systems and refrigeration technology.
- Familiarity with data acquisition and laboratory instrumentation such as pressure transducers, proximity probes, thermocouples and torque sensors.
- Strong analytical and hands-on skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes. Benefits/Compensation:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Competitive salary.
- Medical and retirement benefits
Interested candidates should email their resume to Jason Hugenroth at firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Technology
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest updates on trending news and technology.